You saw under the Symptoms of Candida, that the potential symptoms are almost too numerous to list. They overlap with so many other common, and even uncommon diseases, that your doctor might be almost forgiven for giving you a diagnosis for some other disease that manifests in similar conditions, when it could be something so simple as Candida.
Here is a sample of potential misdiagnoses, together with the symptom that your doctor has focused on, to come to that conclusion. Your doctor is relying on you for an accurate description of your symptoms, so make sure you tell him everything.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome ~~ abdominal pain, bloating, gas diarrhea, indigestion
- Arthritis ~~ joint inflammation and pain
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome ~~ constant overwhelming fatigue
- Allergies and rashes ~~ itching
- Athlete’s Foot ~~ toenail fungus
- Crohn’s Disease ~~ abdominal pain, bloating, gas diarrhea, indigestion
- Gastroenteritis ~~ abdominal pain, bloating, gas diarrhea, indigestion
Sadly, a misdiagnosis may actually make your Candida worse. Steroids are often prescribed for severe allergies, or IBS, or Crohn’s, which further weaken the immune system and increase the Candida growth.